SHE-LOGY: Beauty and Brains.
There’s no need to pick, girls. You can be both. You can be supermodel AND chemical engineer. Actress AND mathematician.
DANICA MCKELLAR. (Born 1975)
- Actress/Child Star who became famous for her leading role in The Wonder Years
- Major in Mathematics in UCLA (summa cum laude!)
- Bestselling author of 4 books encouraging young girls to pursue math and science
LAURA SHIELDS. (Born 1984)
- Model and Miss UK International
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Leeds University (stopped modeling to finish studies)
- Member of Mensa
CAMERON RUSSELL. (Born 1987)
- Victoria Secret angel
- Major in Economics and Mathematics at Columbia University
- Her TED Talks presentation is one of the memorable ones I’ve watched in the past and is TED Talks Top 20 Most Popular Talks of all time.
And while these 3 have successfully established (hopefully!) that a woman can be both beauty and brains, the hope is if we ever do need to pick, we choose the quality that makes us smart.
“Image is powerful. Image is superficial.”
– Cameron Russell, TED Talks Presentation “Looks Aren’t Everything”
SHE-LOGY is a blog project open to everyone who is interested to celebrate women this whole month of March. If you’re reading this, I extend that invitation to you to contribute post/s about the women you’d like to honor. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for reading this.