For the entire month of March, this blog will celebrate WOMEN.
I am hosting a series of posts in the blog with titles following this format, inspired by the Woody Allen film title. (Although in the movie title, the 3rd one refers to a place). This series will be called SHE-LOGY, as every post features three women.
I would like to extend this invitation to you.
I’ll write as many posts as I can for this series, and I am inviting other bloggers, female or not, to join in. Each post talks about the three women named in the title and celebrate them. That’s the only rule.
If you’d like to participate, just drop me a message and I’d be very thrilled to have you as guest blogger. You can write as many as you want.
Here are some more suggestions…
- Tie it to your blog’s theme. If you’re a food blogger, talk about 3 female chefs. If you’re blog is about books, talk about 3 female authors.
- Find a common theme among these 3 women. How can you connect 3 different women?
- Talk about a woman from the past (history books), a woman who is living (in your current world or in the news), and a woman you’d like to meet in the future.
- Talk about the 3 most influential women in your life.
- Talk about the 3 women you’d like to meet now, someday, or in heaven.
- Talk about women issues, too. Talk about women facing different gender-related issues.
- Talk about 3 women in a particular genre, or industry.
- Talk about female fictional characters from your favorite books, movies, TV shows.
- Talk about real-life extraordinary women making the news, or ordinary women you see everyday.
- Take it to the streets. Talk to 3 random females.
- Take it to social media. Talk about women in your Instagram or Twitter.
- To promote camaraderie among female bloggers, and to support women who blog, I encourage you to include a feature of blogs owned by women. I highly encourage you to look for new blogs (which hopefully expands your network, too), and to read at least 3 posts for each blog. Instead of a long post, you can just list and link 3 of this blogger’s posts that you like.
- Be creative with your content. You can use photos, instead of words. You can use recipes or quotes or book titles, instead of stories. You can write a haiku, a poem, a novel. You can draw or sketch. There is no limit to what we can do to celebrate these women.
This is sort of a blog event, which I hope will take a life of its own beyond this blog. When you write your post, tag other bloggers and friends. Extend the invitation to your blogging community, to your respective networks, to your office, to your school, to your children (that just made me think of making a home school activity for my preschooler). Extend it to other forms. Perhaps you can write a letter to three women. Or write a novel about three women. There is no limit nor end to this list. The only goal: to celebrate women.
SHE-LOGY is a blog project open to everyone who is interested to celebrate women this whole month of March. If you’re reading this, I extend that invitation to you to contribute post/s about the women you’d like to honor. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for reading this. To read a sample of the series: SHE-LOGY Vol.1.