This month, I received two nominations for the Liebster Award. What is this foreign sounding award? Here’s what I found out:
- Liebster is a German word for dearest, beloved.
- I loosely interpret it as “what a darling blog you have!” **bats eyelashes**
- The award is meant to support the new bloggers and get them introduced in this big blogosphere, and for bloggers in general to connect with one another.
So, thank you for the nomination. Personally, I enjoy participating because I get to know more bloggers through their answers to the questions, and I discover new blogs through the nominations. Ok then, let me get right to it.
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. Display the award.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 6 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 6 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
- Celebrate this achievement.
- Stay motivated and keep blogging.
1) THANK YOU SO MUCH for nominating me:
- Claire over there at claireoverthereblog. I enjoy reading her blog as she captures her adventures as an expat in the US.
- Marie at mariecrz. I enjoy her posts about make-up, and you should see her drawings!
I am grateful for you both because you’re two of the nicest bloggers I’ve met! No kidding.
My dilemma now is, there are variations in the rules from the nominators. I decided I’d stick with the first one (Claire’s), but will answer the questions also from MarieCrz.
- If your life were a movie, what would be the theme song? Defying Gravity (from Wicked)
- Did you make new years resolutions and are you keeping to them? Yes! Some I’m still keeping, like “daily salad”.
- Which one book would you be wishing for a desert island? Camping & Wilderness Survival, ha!
- If you were a pizza topping, what would you be and why? Cheese. Because my daughter loves ’em. (And I’m cheesy)
- Which 5 famous guests would you invite to your dinner party?
- Oprah, because Oprah! And how cool if she’d tell all my guests, “you get a car! you get a car! you get a car!”
- Jimmy Fallon, because he’s fun and I’d like lipsync battles in my party.
- Ellen, because she’s funny and full of positivity.
- Amy Poehler, because she’s just the funniest person/mom, and she promotes Smart Girls.
- Keanu Reeves, because the party needs eyecandy and mystery. 😉
- Because Claire doesn’t like odd numbers, I’ll add a 6th person: Maya Angelou. She was actually the first person I used to name when asked this question. Maybe, we’ll just party in heaven.
- What would you NEVER write a blog post about? I try to avoid negative posts, especially the ones that bring a specific person down. No hate-posts. The world has enough negativity, the social media world has enough trolls and haters, I would prefer not to contribute to that.
- What book can you read over and over again? Pride and Prejudice. I lost count how many times I’ve reread it.
- What’s the first thing you notice when meeting someone new? Funny thing, I didn’t notice. Maybe the aura. Okay, maybe the smile and the teeth.
- If your house was on fire, what’s the one thing you’d want to take with you? Kids! If object, passport.
- What’s the best advice you received? “You can do anything.”
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Everything in life has a purpose.”
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Kung Fu.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Jo March (Little Women). Strong character, willful, feminist, writer.
- What are your hobbies? Photography, cooking, baking, writing, watching movies/shows
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? President, talk show host, public speaker (what a talker!)
- If you could travel to any part of the world where would it be? Paris is always a good idea.
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? Russia and UK.
3) AND I NOMINATE…
jane basil blog — Her blog is filled with poetry, short stories and funny stuff (love her limerick)
my spanglish familia — I relate with her multi-cultural, multi-lingual family. And she likes pancit (Filipino noodles)!
faradays candle — 2 grade school sisters who love science. I can’t wait to tell my daughter about them!
grubbs n critters — Multi-cultural family, expat, mom of 2, we cover about the same range of topics… Ann is a kindred spirit.
chewing crayons — I enjoy reading the stories about a familly of 7 kids (I’ve wanted to have a big family), but what I love the most is the comedy and the writing of Mrs Diaz (mom).
askmrtony — A blog on (single) parenting. Nothing but respect for this blog.
**Hi! Participation for the Liebster is optional. I just want to give you a shout-out for your wonderful blogs!
If you accept, here are the questions. 🙂
4) QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1) In one word, what do you aspire for this year?
2) What brings positivity to your day?
3) What fear are you willing to conquer this year?
4) If you can be a superhero, what is your superpower?
5) What is your favorite book and why?
6) What is the one word that best describes you?
5, 6 and 7… starting now! 🙂