Best frosting ever! Fluffiest cupcake ever!
So that was me raving about this recipe. I thought it was my vanity speaking. But I got a personal message from Husband’s teammate telling me they like the cupcake and they were really good. I made them for my husband’s team on his birthday. Except for a minor setback, which I’ll warn you about below, this recipe is fairly easy.
Strawberry Cupcake with Mascarpone Frosting
Ingredients (quick look):
- vegetable oil
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Mascarpone cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- Strawberries for topping, diced
- Mascarpone cheese and the whipping cream have to be in the same temperature (room temperature is recommended).
- It is possible to over-beat mascarpone cheese. I did! Just when I thought it was going so smoothly, my mascarpone curdled. It happened so fast, I almost cried. I didn’t have any backup, nor extra time.
- If you’re making this for an occasion or something important, make sure you have backup. 🙂
- I’m eternally grateful for the blog Fool Proof Living (how aptly named for I was feeling like a fool) where I found the fix: “using double boiler method, gently heat the curdled mixture while constantly whipping it, until all lumps are gone and it is smooth.”
- There is practically a solution to all problems. Before bursting into tears, Google first.