What is The Courage Chronicle?
Initially, it is my public diary for 2015, as I journey towards making it my Year of Courage. Initially, I planned to share my stories in the blog in hopes of encouraging some readers to take the plunge, too.
However (and to my utter delight!), it is growing into a blog challenge as other bloggers are letting me know their interest to join in. And every Like, every Comment of “I would like to join you in that challenge” and “I would love to be part of your courage chronicles. It sounds very fascinating to me” and “here’s hoping to get much inspiration from you.” and “thanks, I needed to hear this”, and every story shared “I want to conquer my fear of…” and “thank you for inspiring me with your post“, I am actually the one who gets the inspiration and the courage. So thank you all so much for your words and for your enthusiasm. I am all the more inspired to do this journey right. 🙂
How To Join?
Shortest way to put it would be in the words of Eleanor Roosevelt. “DO ONE THING EVERY DAY THAT SCARES YOU.” That’s it.
To join the TCC way (and I hope you would!):
- Make the decision to make 2015 a Year of Courage. Too much? Make a decision to do at least one thing that scares you. Making the decision is half the journey.
- Share your story with the rest of us. You’ll never know the ripple your story can create unless you put it out there. Comment here or in any of the TCC posts, or better yet, post it in your blog (and tag me) so I can reblog it here.
- Know the enemy. What is it you are afraid of?
- Take the first step. Take a photo, too, while you’re at it. And share again with us here or in your blog (the drill).
- Share with us any quotes, anecdotes, photos, poems, anything really, that inspired you to press on with your Courage journey.
- At the end of the year, I’m positively declaring that we are all going to press on until December, share your last TCC post for the year. The most important post. “List of Things That No Longer Scare Me” And we are all going to celebrate our new, braver selves, together!
Let’s make 2015 a Year of Courage. Let’s spread this spirit of Courage to our own communities, virtual or otherwise, and create a Culture of Courage. Let’s make our dreams happen! Dream without fear. Share without shame. 🙂