Year 2012. It was Amelie’s first Christmas. It was the start of many of our family traditions, including the themed Christmas tree.
The theme for this year was Peppermint Candy. Red and white stripes.
We bought our second tree (the first one was left in our Manila home) at Target. It was only about 6 feet tall. I spruce it up with bright lights (about 300 tiny bulbs), 2 strings of red garland, 2 strings of silver garland, and a set of about 30 red balls (a good mix of matte, shiny and glittered). Other ornaments included:
- Real candy canes
- Ghirardelli Squares Peppermint Bark — which didn’t last long because I couldn’t resist eating them 😀
- Candy-shaped ornaments in red-white stripes
- Plastic lollipops in red-white stripes
- Big red-white bow for topper
- Gifts under the tree wrapped in red and white stripes paper
And our most favorite ornament, Amelie in her red and white stripes footie, all smiles for her first Christmas. 🙂
Where’s the baby?